Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weeds

If I have to weed my "flower bed" every other week all summer I'm going to put a torch to it. I've tried to xeriscape one of my parking strips, I have three because I live on the corner, to cut down on grass. It's not very good looking, plants are way too expensive and half of the ones we bought last year died. The city did plant a tree for me and as long as I can keep it alive I don't have to pay for it.

My yard needs so much help. Did finally get a garden ready for this year. We have planted peas every year, last year I planted some strawberries and raspberries but way too late in the season and they didn't last very long. This year I planted them much much earlier and they are doing awesome. No raspberries this year but next we should get the hook up. Now I need to plant an apple and a peach tree, trees are expensive. I should try and grow them by seed.

On another note, felt pretty good about myself the other day. I made some OJ for Cody, he clapped and cheered "yeah daddy!"

No comments: