Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Used Car



We've been married for six and a half years and we have bought a house, a kitchen, a dog, all sorts of worthless crap, and now we just bought our first car together! Yeah! We're pretty excited. When we got married I had my nissan and T had her protege, then Mary Ann bought a Pilot, and gave us her 626 (thanks Mary Ann) and we passed the protege on to Dani. I sold my truck and we tried the one car thing for about a year. Ya....ask our family how that worked. It actually wasn't bad 90% of the time, it was the other 10% that made life difficult. It will be nice to have two cars again but I will try to continue taking the bus and bumming rides to work from Jeremy.



It is a '04 Honda Pilot with just over 73k miles. Since Mary Ann bought her Pilot we have wanted one. Haeli bought a Pilot the exact same color as Mary Anns so our one requirement was not to get that color. We would never know who's car is who's.

We looked a little at mini vans, they were around the same price if not more and the gas mileage wasn't that much better to persuade us. We don't do as much camping as we would like, I blame it on the kids, but we do enough that I would rather have the Pilot over a mini van, then I won't have to listen to T yelling at me not to drive her van down a dirt road. "This is not your truck! It's my CAR!!" Ya, from personal experience.

We've been looking for a new car since we found out that we were adding another little one to the gang. T is the KSL champ! First she found our dog Coco now she found our car on KSL the day it was it went up. We bought it from this little dealership in Bountiful, Hedberg Solomon Auto Sales from Troy Solomon. I'm not a big fan of car salesmen and I hate buying and selling cars but this place was nice, they didn't push and gave us plenty of space. If your in the market for a used car check these guys out. They sell lease returns that they buy from auctions and they have some pretty good prices. I feel that we got a pretty good deal, as long as the tires don't fall off!

2 comments:

Emily Norman said...

That is so cool! We got a pilot in October and we LOVE it. I don't think that there is anything that we would change in it. Have fun with it!

cfernelius said...

Lucky! I really want a new car - well, crossover - and it ain't happening anytime soon. My husbands car has a belt issue and it squeals like no other - it's really embarrassing. But, what do you do? The biggest reason for me not to expect a car anytime soon? I'm holding out for an Acura MDX - not on the cheap side.