Thursday, August 14, 2008

Twitter?



Here is a great video that describes what twitter is.

Here is a much better explanation of twitter then I can post.

I love twitter and getting tweets! Its fun to see what people are doing at various times of the day. For anyone who has a myspace or facebook profile, twitter is the "update status". I have my facebook and twitter synced, so if your on facebook and wonder why or how I am always updating my status it's because I update my tweets on my cell phone or online and that updates my facebook status. So no, I don't get on a computer while I'm at a bbq to update my facebook status "chill'n @ a bbq" I send a text from my cellular and it updates it.

You don't have to get any updates on your cell if you don't want to and you can choose which friends you want to get cell updates from who you're following. I get a couple of friend updates on my phone and some news updates. I'm currently following 16 people online most of whom I don't know but find their tweets interesting. I only know a quarter of the people I follow and receive cell updates on them.

This guy used twitter to inform his friends that he was taken into Egyptian custody. Which helped him get out months earlier then it would have taken.


No comments: