Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mom blogs

**UPDATED**

I don't know what I consider my blog. I'm not sure that I have to fit into a category of blogging, I'm not sure that I do. I read a lot of blogs, most just once, a handful every so often and a couple just about every day. It really doesn't matter one way or the other what I consider my blog, it's just that sometimes I think it would be great if I had a large following, sometimes I'm glad that I don't. My writing really isn't that great to keep strangers reading, 99% of my hits are from people I know and Thank you for coming back.

I believe that I most closely resemble MOM Blogs, though I think they should be called kids blogs or people who blog about their kids and life in general blogs. There are some dad blogs out there but they are less recognized and only hopping on the mommy blog phenomenon.

One of the original and most famous mom blogs is Dooce. She is very entertaining to read, is from Utah and is a non practicing Mormon. Her blog is so popular that neither her or her husband work other then on the blog. It would be strange to have thousands of strangers reading about your personal life. It would be kinda sweet to make money off the advertising on your blog. I wouldn't mind that part at all.

I really do enjoy that family and friends can easily see what we are doing and keep in touch. Thanks for reading!

Here are a couple mom blog directory's.
Ultimate Mommy Blog list
Top 100 Mom Blogs
Top Mom Blog List

**UPDATE**
I just found this new mom blog. It's a mom blog that makes fun of mom blogs, It's pretty funny. She is going to be on KSL Aug 26th at 4 and she was in the D-news. She also makes money from her site. One day!

2 comments:

Deb and Stan said...

I LOVE your site and check it every day! You are way better at updating than I am! Love!

Lindsay Clegg Sundloff said...

Taryn,
Your site is fun! We NEED to get a girl's nite planned. I checked on the Twilight website and the movie has been moved up to Nov. 21, I think we should all go.
Lindsay