Friday, August 15, 2008

Second First Day of Pre-School



This is B's second year of pre-school. No, she didn't get held back a year. Last year her school was two days a week for three hours a day. This year she goes four days a week for three hours a day. They are slowly working up to the full day of school. Next year for kindergarten she will go five days for four hours (I think, but I really don't know, I just know they go longer next year). She loves school and gets pretty excited to go. Cody gets left behind and he's bummed out about it every day. As b is leaving cody says "I want to go, I'm coming too" then we have to tell him "no buddy, next year". While b is at school cody will occasionally ask "where's bryten?".

After her first day I asked her what they did, one of the responses was, "learning how to make friends". After one week she is still learning. Her cousin Kaylie and another girl from the ward are in her class, we are encouraging her to make new friends also.

Most of her class is Spanish speaking, hopefully she picks some up. I talked to her one day after school about kids speaking different languages, and that lots of people speak different languages and how cool it would be if she could speak more then one language. I barely get by with my English, I really need to learn another language. After I told her how cool she would be if she learned to speak another language, she then told me "you would be cool if you grew your hair long and stuck it straight up".

I'm paying for her to go to school?


No comments: