Monday, March 2, 2009

The Man



George Clooney is the man! Not only is he a top notch actor and the sexiest man alive for two years in a row but he uses his celebrity status for good. George spent some time in Chad, just outside the Darfur region to try and draw attention to the journalist who were there reporting on the genocide and atrocities that are occurring. Nicholas Kristof has a series on Darfur in the NY Times.

The difference between celebrities who voice their opinions and everyday you and me who voice our opinions, is that celebrities have a much larger stage and more people listen to them. People often complain when celebrities get involved with politics, usually that the celebrities don't know anything and shouldn't be talking about it. But if you or I had that stage and audience, we would be using it to promote our political views. Ok, I can't talk for you but I do know I would be using my fame as a political stage. I think that some celebs know more about a specific issue then most politicians do.

Couldn't figure out how to post this video on Kristof and Clooney in Chad, so its linked.

1 comment:

Woodruff Family said...

I'm with you. He IS the sexiest man alive!