Thursday, March 19, 2009

Working Out



Bought my first, well second gym membership ever. The first one was to the West Valley gym center right before I got married. I think I went to the gym more on my mission then at any other time in my life, think I was in better shape too. T has had a membership to 24 for some time now, she got a much better deal than I got but my deal from Costco wasn't so bad.

The hardest part about the gym is trying to find the time to get there. That's been T's biggest hurdle. They do have childcare but there has to be a certain adult/child ratio and the jet counts for 2 kids and they have to be open, so that's hard. I think the only time that I will have will be early in the morning before work. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm NOT a morning person and this will be next to impossible.

Haeli signed up with T and I talked Jeremy to sign up with me so hopefully that will help with the motivation of getting there. I'm finally realizing that I'm really not going to be young forever and need to do something to stay in shape. I keep falling apart, my back is still a little off from January and I don't heal like I use to.

I guess we'll see how this goes, if it goes.

4 comments:

Woodruff Family said...

I hated the idea of going to the gym, but that changed after the first time I went. I'm a gym junkie now. At first, I was going on certain days at certain times so my husband could watch the kids, but this week is spring break and things have been crazy. I have been going any opportunity I get. I think if you can just go one time, you'll figure out how to make it work.

Good luck!

cfernelius said...

It took me a couple weeks to really get into working out again, but now I love it! I go while the boys are in preschool or after they go to bed so I don't have to spend too much on the daycare. Time really is the biggest obstacle, but once you've found a time that works you'll love it! Good luck and have fun!

Lindsay Clegg Sundloff said...

Taryn,
you're little guy isn't so little anymore, he is getting SO BIG!!! Just stopping by to say hello.

BJ and Steph said...

Like some other people have said-once you go that first time...it seems like finding the time to go again gets easier. Good Luck!