Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What is a Blog?

What is a blog?

I started blogging sporadically at the end of 2006 about politics and such and then started this blog at the end of 2007. I've always been one to voice my opinion, not so much of one to talk about about myself but I don't seem to have much difficulty doing that here. I enjoy keeping this blog going for many reasons, it's the easiest way to keep family and friends informed on what we are doing, sharing things I find in life and online. I try to work on my writing skills that are seriously lacking, which is odd because I'm a planner by profession, I write plans and policy. Actually maybe that explains why my writing is so drab.

I don't think that I ever thought about blogging to keep a journal of our family. It never crossed my mind 'till one day while blog-stocking I ran across someone who wrote in their "about me" that thats the only reason why they are blogging and hope that others will enjoy their blog also. I found that kinda odd but I'm sure plenty of people find me odd.

Elder Ballard gave a talk about blogging in April of this year. He encouraged members to blog, to use it as a journal and to help share information about the Church and the gospel. (another aspect that never crossed my mind about blogging). I found this very interesting. I just might start blogging about my Sunday lessons!!


Thanks to North Temple, I find some of the coolest things there and where I found this story.

No comments: