Thursday, December 17, 2009

NEVER!



I honestly believe this kid is going to be the death of me. He is very unlike our daughter, who besides the recent attitude problems(mostly after playing with her cousins) listens very well and follows directions from her parents. Cash on the other hand, we ask him 4-5 times nicely to do something and he ignores us until we yell at him. I don't think that yelling is helpful and it doesn't make him any more obedient but asking nicely doesn't do anything either.

Anyways, he LOVES playing outside no matter the weather. I believe that he wouldn't come in the house if he didn't have to or if he had someone out there playing with him. He loves playing in the snow and when we get home from places he just stays out and plays. The other night it was late when we got home and asked him to come in the house. It went something like this;

Me: Cash, come in the house please
Cash: NEVER!!
Me and the wife - shut the door and laugh, how can you not laugh at that.
A little later
b: If you don't come in the house we'll give your presents away
Cash: Good!! I HATE presents!! I love Rocks!!
Me and the wife - laughing

Finally got him in the house but he brought a bat with him and started hitting things. T asked him to put the bat away and he just kept swinging it around until all poop hit the fan. We won't go into that but I'm not sure where the bat is now.

He is a sweet boy and cares about others feelings and he is hilarious. It's hard getting mad at the kid while your trying as hard as you can not to laugh. Sometimes we have to leave the room to laugh. We just wish we knew how to get him to listen. Where is the instruction manual?

4 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

I know how you feel! I keep waiting for it to get easier but it just keeps getting harder!
I'm glad we're not the only ones dealing with this!!! =)

BTW-I can't believe how many teeth B has lost! Kayston doesn't even have any loose teeth yet! GOSH!

{B} said...

He cracks me up. Last week in nursery he was like "i'm not coming in here" but we finally tempted him with toys. Later when it was time to go to closing exercises he was like "i'm not going in there". :) I can totally picture him saying "never!"

Deb and Stan said...

We are ALL looking for that manual! Awesome picture of the sleeping boys!

Me said...

Oh man, when you find the answer to getting him to listen please let me know. Ellie is a little stinker who does the exact same thing as far as not listening. It seems like Christmas is making it worse. It's the most wonderful time of the year.