Sunday, September 27, 2009

Remembering Grandma



A few weeks back the Bartholomew's got together to remember Grandma Bartholomew who passed away 15 years ago. It was fun to get together, seems that we get together less often every year. Well, maybe that's because I now have two families and have to miss the activities of one to make it to the other. I'm the the third oldest of the grandchilren with the next one's down besides my sisters being 7-8 years younger then me. I feel bad that my cousins were not able to grow up with their grandma Bartholomew. The picture above is my grandpa with Elenore whom he married a few years ago, her husband passed away also.

My grandma was a great women, she was always doing something for somebody else. She always had goodies at her house, cookies, cake, bread, all homemade or some candy stashed somewhere. One of my funniest memories, I was riding in her car, we were at a stop light and some young punks pulled up next to us, and she said something to the lines of "I love to race these young guys, they think their so fast" and then she raced them off the line. Good times, she is missed.




Some of my cousins are bringing the '80's back! This is why I keep all of my clothes, so my kids can wear them, assuming that I was in-style. Actually, Im not sure what happened to all of my flannel, I bet that Marcee stole them all while I was on my mission. You know if the neon colors of the '80s are back, then grunge and flannel will be back for sure! Seems as though every generation brings their parents generation style back into style, too bad the '70s style didn't stick around longer, probably one of my favorites. When is the '20s coming back?

Below is a picture of a good portion of the family. My grandparents had 9 children, some of them adopted. I lose count how many grandchildren they now have, for some reason I'm thinking in the 30's. They have 9 great-grand children. I might have to change these numbers after my mom or sisters read this and call me to tell me the numbers are off, but they're close enough.





Jet came after the camera, he's getting pretty ticked! He has one of the biggest tempers I have seen and he doesn't forget that he's mad. When something doesn't go his way, he yells, kicks, screams, and throws things. If there is nothing close by to throw, he'll walk/crawl over to something he can throw just to throw it. T doesn't agree with me, but I think that it's because he's the baby and he can't be bad. A great example happened tonight, at pea pods b-day party he had a cup of ice cream and a fork. When he was done, T took them away from him. You'd have thought that she slapped his face! He didn't just cry, he threw a huge fit, walked into the middle of the room, trying to get sympathy not breathing because he was crying so hard. He then buried his head into T's lap until T shared her ice cream with him. This is just one example out of many.

No comments: