Thursday, September 3, 2009

Calf Creek



Part II

We took lots of pictures and had lots of fun and I didn't want to make my the last post forever long. Not as many pictures in this blog.

Sunday, we got up and kind of just hung out around camp. We had talked about hiking up to Calf Creek falls but after the experience from the day before, I wasn't sure the kids would be up for the hike. The hike is pretty easy other then it gets hot and is kinda long, especially for kids. We finally decided just to do it around 11ish. So we loaded up on water & snacks, left the pregnant woman at camp and hit the trail.




We took a dip in the pool, well Chad and I did. The water was FREEZING cold! Cash did because I dunked him, he wasn't happy about that at all. I think the girls kinda got in. T was a big wimp, actually she said she didn't want to swim in it because she didn't want to smell like fish. haha! Too funny. When you swim close the falls, there is a current and was actually kind of fun. Chad swam up right under the falls, he said once you got in close enough the current sucks you in. It was nice to cool down and lower the body temp before heading back to camp.




Cash talked the Whole way there and the WHOLE way back! He has little legs and walked about three times the distance I did. On the way in to the falls, I stuck back with him most of the way and we had all sorts of conversations, mostly about when the Indians come back alive. Not sure how many times I had to tell him that their are Indians alive now and that they live just like us. Towards the falls, T stayed back with him so I could power to the falls, Jet was getting pretty upset about spending so much time in the backpack.

Jet pretty much cried the whole way back, kept him entertained for a while with my camel pack water hose. Didn't work the whole way, so I booked it out. The crazy thing is that the girls kept right up, didn't complain, well big K and b butt didn't complain and just hiked right along. After getting back to camp, I dropped Jet of with the pregnant lady and cruzed back to meet T and Cash. They weren't too far behind, about 3/4 to a mile back. She was carrying him but said she had only carried him a little. It's a 5 1/2 mile round trip hike, the girls went the whole way, K bug was carried a bit, and Cash made it almost the whole way. Pretty good for a 3 year old. I'm surprised that he didn't get tired from all the talking!



T has spent the past month or so deep into Harry Potter books. She was trying to finish the 6th book while we were camping and tried to read every minute she had. She has also been staying up way past her bedtime reading all the books. She has finally finished all 7 books and we can now go watch the 6th movie.

The ride home from Calf Creek was fun, it was a late night drive. We stopped in Tropic to visit my dad's aunt for a bit. She thought that I was my dad. "Oh, that's not Lani?" "No, it's his son" The kids loved it at her house, she had dogs, cats, cows and a peacock, they also have goats but they were out back. The kids were supper hyper when we got in the car and stayed awake way too late.

It was fun, we need to spend more time in Southern Utah.

1 comment:

{amy k.} said...

Hi Brad- just saw you had a blog from finding Haeli's blog... you know how that all works! :)

Looks like a fun time!