Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My excuse





I know I have a lot of excuses for things, just ask my wife. Not surprisingly I get a lot of grief from everyone, friends and family alike, that I spend way too much time on the computer/internet. I have to agree that I do spend a lot of time on the internets but I do have to defend myself.

I have a lot of internet to cover. I don't remember what the commercial was for but it's my favorite. Some guy sitting behind a computer triumphantly throws his hands in the air and declares that he completed the internet. That one day my friends will be me.

Honestly, there is so much information on the internet. Lately I've been into blogs. There are so many blogs out there its not even fathomable. I've been into these econ blogs that are keeping me pretty occupied when I'm not working on my homework. I can't even remember doing homework without the internet. How would that be? Going to the library, checking out books and journals, printing things off cause you can't take them. Wow! I shake just thinking about it.

So here is part of the reason I spend a lot of time on the internet. It's easy. It's right there as you can see in this picture.


It's right in our family room. I can watch t.v., cook, and still be part of the family and conversation. Often we all end up around the computer watching youtube, a movie trailer or playing games with the kids.

Most of the time it just seems like I'm on the internet a lot when really I'm not. Most of the time I log into my facebook/myspace/google and just leave it on. I go do other things while sporadically checking in.

Another marvelous wounder is our laptop that connects to the internet anywhere in our house, outside our house, my sisters house, my parents house, my in-laws house and anywhere else there is wifi. My work laptop is supplied with the goods to keep me connected when the other laptop is occupied or I'm out and about. Then at work, I just cannot work all day, that would drive me nuts! Even though on occasion I am forced to work, I check the internets throughout the day. And again, when I get to work I log into my google and stay logged on all day.(we are unable to access facebook or myspace at work)

I recently activated my que phone to work as a modem so now wherever I can get cell coverage I can get online. How sweet is that?

So there are my excuses for being online so much.

No comments: