Sunday, January 25, 2009

2009



I thought it would be best if I waited until January was almost over before I posted about our New Year events. Ok, not really, I'm really a huge slacker that just hasn't felt like posting anything. It's funny how I have to be in the mood to write a paragraph or two about what we've been up to. It's not as if I'm writing some master piece, it's just a blog. Well..........anyway.........




We had our annual T's birthday/NYE party and it went down with a bang. We are tying to make this an annual event, this was our third year throwing our party and my third year making my NYE chili. This year I did remember to bake a cake for T; yes, I totally forgot to make her a cake last year, although I still managed to forgot the candles. One of these years I'll get it down without forgetting something, at least she got something more than tupperware for her b-day this year. It's a good thing that she likes me or I would have been out on the curb long time ago.




We had a pretty good turn out for the birthday part of the party and quit a few people stuck around for the New Year Eve bash. We played a lot of Guitar Hero and those who weren't playing were more then likely on the internet and probably on facebook awaiting their turn to be a rock star. B want's nothing to do with playing guitar hero but she loves to dance to the music, which gets frustrating when she dances right in front of you and you miss ten notes!!!!




The kids had a blast, they always do whenever they're all together. B was excited ALL day long, constantly asking when the party was going to start and when were we going to bang pots and pans. All of the kids that stayed for the NYE bash made it up past mid-night with the exception of K-bug, she's an early bird though and woke all the other kids up bright and early the next day, sometime around 7am. Cash and b are night owls like their parents and were running strong 'tll some time around dark thirty, they were the last of the kids to doze. The parents didn't do much better, we played a game of fact or crap, it was fun for a while. We stopped after we hit the crazy tired laughing hysterically at stupid things stage, which was sometime after 1. Then a couple of us crazies played guitar hero 'till sometime right before the kids woke up and proceeded to run around the house yelling.



I'm not much of one for making New Year resolution, so I didn't and don't expect me to anytime soon either. Although, I have been sick more than normal this year, normal for me is twice a year, since I can remember I get sick twice a year, sometime in the fall and again in the spring. This year it seems like I've been sick since November only feeling better here and there. So needless to say something needs to change to fix whatever the reason is that I have been sick all winter.



New Years Eve party's are a great measuring stick to see how much your life has changed. Currently, I'm pretty satisfied with my NYE party's, crazy kids running around, hanging out with a bunch of fogies and drinking Mt.Dew all night long. Hope that 2009 treats us and you all as good if not better then 2008!

1 comment:

Woodruff Family said...

I had no idea you could cook! For some reason I am really surprised! I would have enjoyed seeing the cake and probably eating it too ;o)