Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year and New Decade!



I have been working on this post of a while now, for some reason I just can't get it out to you all. I know how you all wait on pins and needles for my blog updates.

We had a fantastic holiday season! The kids loved Christmas as well as us parents. Christmas day has sure changed a lot from when I was a kid, it was fun and exciting to experience Christmas as a kid. Then when your a teenager, it's still kinda fun and exciting but nothing compared to what it was when you were younger. Then in the young adult years, it's just another holiday where you have to buy everyone presents and now that you making decent money you feel abliged to buy better presents. Then you get married and you spend all your money on your spouse but the excitement that was Christmas is still missing though the spirit of Christmas never really leaves. Then when the kids come along the old excitement of Christmas returns. I think I get more excited about the kids opening their presents they do!



My beautiful wife was the last baby of the '70s born in Utah. They received all sorts of gifts and goodies for having the last baby of the decade. It's interesting to look back on this last decade and the many changes that have taken place. Ten years ago I was single and hadn't even met T yet and in all seriousness I wasn't ready for marriage in many ways. I was living with a good friend and we had one heck of a bachelor pad if you know what I mean. Now, ten years later, I'm married with three kids, a college degree, almost a masters, a mortgage and a career. What a crazy ten years. I wonder what the next ten years will bring? What kind of technologies our kids will be showing us how to use.




"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
— Gordon B. Hinckley





I am surely blessed with more then my fair share of beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed!

No comments: