Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday's Tunes Yanks v. Phills

I'm not much of a baseball fan, first game I watched this year was a Dodgers-Yankees game 3. I can't tell you who plays for who or even know who you are talking about if you mention a players name. I have no idea why people either love or hate A-Rod - I just know that he's the man. I really wanted to see a LA World Series, I'm sure that's why neither team won. I have no idea who I want to win but I'm sure it will be a good serious - least I hope.

I think that the busier I get the more I watch sports. I don't remember the last time I've watched this much baseball - or even this much college football. Probably sometime before I was married. Not saying that I haven't been busy, but now that I'm busier then I have ever been - I find myself avoiding things (like now I should be doing homework) and watching sports.

Anyway - I really like the Jay-Z/Keys song Empire State of Mind. The song makes me want to live in New York. I've been to Philli, I enjoyed it, spent about a week there and was able to see most of the city. I have yet to visit NYC but it's on the top of my list of places to visit. So I can't compair the cities. I am waiting for a Salt State of Mind song -

Both teams are using the song to get them pumped up for games and during practice. Both teams have a different take on the song and some rapper in Philli changed the song a bit. Jay-Z & Alica Keys are performing the song for game 1 and it's rumored that Philli might be playing the other song at game 3. So here are both versions -

Jay-Z Alica Keys "Empire State of Mind"


NeeKo ft. Deana Marie - "ILL STATE OF MIND"

No comments: