Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Up Up and Away



Columbus day morning, I took the morning off to hang out with the family. State employees no longer get Columbus day and one other holiday off, can't remember which one, so that we can work the 4-10's. This way we can be paid for 10 hours on the other holidays, if we didn't sacrifice the two holidays we could only be paid 8 hours for all of our holidays and would have to make up the other 2 hours some where else.

Anyway, so T and I were sleeping in while the kids were awake playing in the family room. When I walked into the room, Cash, B, Peapod & G money had Jet surrounded on the couch, Jet was whimpering and holding a helium filled balloon as were all the kids. I asked what they were doing to him. B replied "we are trying to make Jet fly, but he doesn't want to"

I went back to bed.

3 comments:

Deb and Stan said...

Sleep and 5-year-olds don't always make the best combination, huh? Funny, funny story! The one thing I can't figure out though, is who are Peapod and G money???

{B} said...

Ha! I just found your blog. :) John said you guys were facebook friends as well.

The Christiansens said...

I can't stop laughing... still laughing:)