Saturday, May 9, 2009

May Time



May time is planting time! We were able to get our garden, well most of our garden planted this weekend! Yea for tomatoes!! I was pretty tempted to buy a $40 tomato plant, it already had green tomatoes on it and it came in a huge pot with an assortment of herbs. Almost bought one for my mom and mother-in-law, I didn't know if they would want that over my usual flowers. I went with the usual flowers, hope they like them. Maybe next year I'll plant a couple of tomatoes in my house around February or so. If your interested in the $40 tomato plants that already have green tomatoes, they're at Western Gardens.

Still need to plant some melons and a pumpkin, just tilled up some weeds and grass to make the room for them. Looking for a place in the yard to plant a squash, not enough room in my little garden box which already is full of lots of tomatoes (probably too many if there is such a thing), two cucumbers, a zucchini, one red and one greed bell pepper and some Anaheims. My oregano has come back like a champ for the second year in a row. I highly recommend to anyone who likes oregano, to plant it, this is my third year of oregano. I'm rethinking my mint, I don't know what to do with it and it grows out of control! I'm going to quarantine it to see if I can keep it in line and decide later.

We planted/let lose about 1500 lady bugs. I say "about" because the package said 1500 on the front, and the back said that they put in 1800 to account for a mortality rate. They are suppose to take care of bug eggs and some other pesty little bugs, and I think they would be cool to have them randomly in the yard.



My 5 year old niece, K bug, broke her arm last week. First, I'm surprised it took her five years and second I'm surprised cash wasn't first. I'm not looking forward to broken bones and bleeding wounds but the way the boys play, it's only a matter of time.

No comments: